Okay, so here we go. Stacy on the mic. haha.
Let's just start out with getting the truck... That puts us a day before the trip, okay make that two days. After graduation, we went out to celebrate, and somewhere in the mix my camera case (with camera, BU ID, and license inside) got taken/left at the bar. I have two words for this incident: EPIC. FAIL.
Fast forward to the day before we leave, aka the day we get the truck. We're supposed to pick up the truck at 9:30am so we get to Budget right on time, or 5 minutes early, as the lovely BU AT program has taught us. Well, our fears are confirmed. I can't actually rent the truck without being the primary driver. Which means, of course, that I need a license. Okay well we'd figured out by 2am that CA isn't really forgiving about losing your license, and according to the website you can't get a replacement unless you're there in person. So we beg the man to hold the truck for us till at least 11:30, since I had to wait until 8am in CA (11am in Boston) to call and cry and beg for the DMV to hopefully fax me a temp license.
Well turns out that getting the temp license faxed was easy enough. I call the DMV and they immediately agree to fax me a license by the end of the day. My only worry was that it wouldn't get there by the end of the east coast business day, aka in time for us to get the truck.
So we have my license on the way. Next step was to get a picture ID. HA.HA.HA. what a ridiculous joke.
I think to myself, no problem, I just have to run down to the Terrier Card Office and ask for a new ID. SOOOOOOO FALSEEEEE. Turns out I can't get a new BU ID because I've graduated. Right. That happened YESTERDAY. So I'm told (quite rudely) to try alumni relations or fitrec. Well the "alumni card" doesn't even HAVE a picture on it, and when I call FitRec, they tell me I can't get a card because my membership continues (via my BU ID) until the end of May.
Once I find this out, I return to the Terrier Card office, and am again rudely denied an ID... so I head down to FitRec in hopes that I can beg, borrow, or steal a card with my picture on it. Here we met my saviorrrrrrrrrrrrrr of the day. Homegirl was SO helpful, and after paying 30 dollars and waiting for a manager and for another 20 minutes, I was FINALLLLLLYYYYYY able to get a FitRec card to pass as a photo ID for the rental. Big Props to JLibs for keeping me sane and preventing me from strangling the Terrier Card office peeps.... you are awesome.
So now it's about 5 pm, and we finally go to get the truck. YAYYYYYYYY! Marissa and I got in, and immediately the fistpumps and woooohoooos began. hahaha.
LONGEST, MOST STRESSFUL DAY EVER! then all that was left was to pack, load the truck (thanks Mr and Mrs Fountain!), and have dinner at Dick's with some awesome friends (shoutout to Teenie, Joseph, and Gencs!) then crashing, getting ready for another LONG day to follow.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha -- that sounds about right for a long trip/move.
ReplyDeleteOn the plus side: you got major incident of the trip out of the way, and the rest of the trip can only go smoothly now.
Best of luck!
-SN
I (felt like I) had already lived the story with you and still found it amazing. And well told. But you're on day 4 now -- where are the ongoing tales. Haha! Love you! Mom
ReplyDeletefirst off you are both a hott mess! second, you named your truck dot and that concerns me....i am writing this as i sit in the teachers room all day reading a novel because the teacher i was supposed to sub for decided to come to school after all, as marissa would say, waste. anyways, i am boredddd so keep writing/texting me. thanks :)
ReplyDeletea.) contrary to what Mego said I LOVE that you named her Dot. (And that you incorporated it into your blog decor)
ReplyDeleteb.) I was seriously ready to hug that lady at the fitrec when all was said and done. haha suuuuch a stressful day.
Have TONNNNNS of fun, and if you see a yellow hummer I best be gettin a text.
p.s. my suggestion for the second leg of your trip is to keep a running tally for the yellow car game to see who wins the most days at the end of the trip. haha
Love you two! <3 J.libs