
Up early today to eat breakfast with our friend Tamika at Benny's before heading to see the wonderfully fantastic Fountain family.
Breakfast at Benny's was superb, especially because it was cheap! But there were so many choices so it was hard to choose...
We made a quick stop at CVS because I'm forgetful and left my toothbrush at Agustina's... but it had to happen at least once.
-11:24 am: Back on the road! I drove again since I knew the way and so that I could take a detour to show Stacy Huron High School and some more parts of Ann Arbor before leaving. Finally made it to I-94 and headed towards K-Zoo.
-12:11 pm: Passed Sargent Rd.... BU is haunting us already!
-12:44 pm: Passed a sign advertising a "VIP Spa" (sorry Ma, didn't have time to stop...), which was soon followed by a sign for a "Happy Spa" (uhhh... did you leave out a word in the middle?...)
-1:07 pm: Exit freeway, enter Kalamazoo County!
-1:22 pm: Arrival at Iroquois Trail!
Observations of the day:
Total miles traveled = 110.3 miles
Best billboard = "Need a car?... Bad credit? Visit Poopycredit.com"
Billboards of honorable mention = "FREE LAND"; "Lion's Den Adult SUPERSTORE" (Who knew those even existed?); Mickey D's french fries "You say potato, I say Awesome"
Favorite people of the day: Darius, for his ongoing entertainment, & the de Majo Family, for an awesome game of catchphrase.
Stacy's MI & CA comparison:
So driving through Michigan was kind of like driving in California... the roads were free, but TERRIBLE (I'm beginning to understand the whole toll roads thing). Drizzling tar over the cracks in the road isn't exactly quality repairs. Second thing was that they have Carpool lanes! Not those dumb HOV lanes, but for real carpool lanes, with the diamond on the sign and everything. Thirdly, they have adopt-a-highway. I'm sure other states have this as well, but all I noticed in NY was the dang put your seatbelt on or else signs they had posted every 16 feet.... Also, driving in Michigan was sort of like driving through Central CA (the part where no people actually live...) There's tons of signs for available land, open fields ready to be/filled with crops, and random animals grazing near the highway. Only thing missing was the view of the Pacific you get on route 1.
oh, we also passed a Hardees on the way here, which reminded me that there are some things that are the same, just called different things. (for you Californians, Hardee's = Carl's Jr.) There's also this thing we have on the west coast that's Dreyer's - not Breyers, Dreyers - icecream (for you east coasters that's Edy's). If I think of more of these I'll kindly inform you all. I know, you're welcome... didn't think you were getting an education while reading this, did you? haha. okay I suppose I'll shut up now.
Check back for stories from tomorrow! - yes, the entertainment shall continue! (I know you're pumped!)
You guys rock!
ReplyDeletehellmans is kraft lol
ReplyDelete