Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day Ten - May 28, 2009


HOME STRETCH DAY!!!!

We were super excited about this day because it was short and because we were almost to Covina! So because Stacy was so eager to get home we left Vegas about 9:30 am. On our way out we made a quick stop at Dunkin' Donuts (Stacy was so excited about this, she raced across 3 lanes of traffic just to get off).

-10:50 am: BUENOS DIAS CALI, ADIOS NEVADA!
-10:56 am: 222 (Two twoty two, haha Mom!) miles away from LA.
-11:47 am: Stopped for gas. This was try two after Stacy stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, CA and the asking price for unleaded was $3.69.
-11:56 am: Zzyzx Rd. Yes this is an actual street name.... those crazy Californians.

-12:33 pm: Agricultural Inspection. Don't worry California we didn't have any fruit or plants... or illegal immigrants

-12:35 pm: Peggy Sue's 50s Diner. We didn't see Peggy Sue but Cindy Lou (she was a little too old for her parents to be basketball fans, sorry Larry) was our waitress. The food was delicious and the diner was adorable, complete with a "diner-saur" park and tons of 50s memorabilia on the walls.

-3:38: E. DEXTER STREET!!!!! Hello Geiss familia!


Approximate total mileage: 3299.6 miles
Total number of license plates found: 45 states + 2 Canada + 1 Mexico + 1 Belize
License plates missing: Alabama, Hawaii, Maryland, North Dakota, West Virginia
Crazy town names along the way: Schenectady, NY; Canajoharie, NY; Canandaigua, NY; Oneonta, NY; Cheektowaga, NY; Sterrettania, PA; Ypsilanti, MI (debatable, this is according to Stacy); Kankakee, IL; Farmersville, IL; Ogallah, KS
Number of states we went through: 14
Number of times we got lost: 1 - be impressed, I know I am
Amazing-ness of our trip: Priceless (not including the cost of the truck rental, gas, or food)



We both had so much fun on our trip even though it was very long at times. We both agree that we would do it again, with possible modifications because even though we had a lot of fun, by the end of the trip we were so sick of seeing the inside of Dot that we went a little stir-crazy. We hope you all enjoyed our blogs as much as we enjoyed keeping track of everything. It made it so much more fun to keep an eye out for stuff especially when we kept hearing how much people enjoyed our adventures.

Unfortunately, this is our last blog about our road trip but who knows maybe in the future we will come up with another crazy idea that we can share with you guys.

Love, LaFonda & LaStasia aka Marissa & Stacy

3 comments:

  1. Haha -- congratulations you two!

    I enjoyed reading about your travel and adventures. Brought back some fun memories of my own. Hope you two have a blast out on the West Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED IT!!! I feel like I was there myself.. too bad I missed the latina in LaFonda.. I think you need to re-name your truck.. LaDot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey missy!
    Thats awesome you did this!! Im so proud of you and miss you SOOOOOO much!
    well if this is your last blog, how do I get a hold of you now? e-mail?
    xxx
    J.M

    ReplyDelete